Why do some hobbyists have a leopard gecko?
Gecko may have internal parasites
- Blockage or intestinal obstruction – depending on the type of substrate used
Loss of appetite
- resnaring or vomiting
- Wrong temperature
- abnormal chair
- Cryptosporidium or crypto
How do you approach these dilemmas?
- You should consult a veterinarian to determine the cause and can immediately prescribe the antibiotic or appropriate treatment your gecko needs.
- If the cause of subtlety in the impact, replace the used substrate. Turn the sandy substrate into paper towels or the next gecko feeding should be done in shallow utensils to avoid direct contact with the sand.
- Take a sample of the leopard gecko litter and take it to the veterinarian to give your gecko the right medicines and antibiotics.
- Give your gecko the right temperature. The correct temperature should be from 88 to 92 degrees Fahrenheit, and for the coldest area – 70 at the top and 80 at the bottom. You can also use a heater under the tank, which covers 1/3 of the tank surface. Be sure to lift the tank about 1/4 – 1/2 inch above the holder, so as not to break the glass. Also cover this place with a layer of newspaper or carpet before placing the heat source under the tank. You can also use a flat stone or tile to distribute heat evenly.
- Crypto causes leopards to become thin, sluggish and completely deadly, as this disease is contagious, and it is very difficult to get rid of the aquarium. Cryptosporidium is a parasite and can sometimes be found in the gastrointestinal tract not only in reptiles, but also in humans and other species. The reptile could have eaten the parasite through its mouth, leading to its spread in the intestines. Unfortunately, most healthy people can survive as infected reptiles die.
Crypto-nazis are allowed to stay in tanks for 18 months. If this is the result of significant weight loss of your geckos, the best way to fix this is to demolish the tank in which the infected reptile was located and thoroughly wash all 10% with bleach.
- Read information on how to care for gecko. The basic details of care related to growing a healthy gecko include the right content, the correct substrate, the exact temperature, the ideal nutrition and feeding, and ways to effectively treat your pets.
With this information at your fingertips, your problems with the leopard gecko will surely be resolved immediately and hopefully immediately to regain their strength and health. Keep your leopards strong and hardy!